Thomas Castor 1770-1840
Thomas was born in 1770 in Virginia. He died sometime between 1835 and 1840. in Allen County, Indiana at age 65.
In 1792-3, he served iin the military in Kanhawa County, Virginia.
He married Mary Stanberg. They emigrated from Virginia to Ohio and settled in Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio in 1797, where they built and occupied the first cabin erected in the present city of Dayton. They moved about 1810 to Clinton County, Ohio. They resided in Montgomery County also. Later in 1831 they moved to Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana. After Mary died he married Mrs. Reddon.
Thomas and Mary's Children:
- Elizabeth Castor was born 5 May 1796 in Virginia She died 3 April 1875, and was buried at Dillon Cemetery, Tazwell County, Illinois.
- Vincent Caster
- James Castor was born 6 August 1808 in Ohio. He died of typhoid fever on 25 March 1865 in Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon. He was buried in the Lone Fir Cemetery, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon.
- William Castor was born 18 March 1811 in Clinton County, Ohio. He died 7 May 1873 in Daviess County, Missouri at age 62.
- Maria Caster
- Nehemiah Castor died possibly before 1835.
- Crawford Castor was born 12 May 1818 in Clinton County, Ohio. He died 5 November 1881 in DeKalb County, Missouri at age 63.
- Rachel Caster
Thomas and Mrs. Reddon's children:
- Jacob Caster married 19 November 1840 Zerald Ryno in Kanawha County, Virginia.
- Jane Caster born about 1828 in Ohio.